Are you planning to create an online store with OpenCart? Will you be doing all the efforts to bring in more and more customers to your online shop to increase your business turnover?
If yes, investing in a type of hosting that will handle the growing traffic of your website is an extremely important consideration when starting your OpenCart storefront. So whether you are about to create your store or are already facing issues with your current OpenCart storefront and searching for powerful hosting, you have landed on the correct page.
This article covers all the best OpenCart VPS and Cloud hostings along with their pros and cons to help you choose the one that suits you perfectly. Let’s explore these options without any delay.
Best OpenCart VPS hosting providers
1. RoseHosting – OpenCart Managed VPS Hosting
RoseHosting has over 17 years of experience in providing OpenCart hosting solutions. You can set up your VPS in just 10 minutes with the host.
Pros of Rosehosting
- You will receive free OpenCart installation with all RoseHosting VPS plans.
- The host offers free full weekly backup for your online store.
- You will get a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate with each plan.
- The host uses NVMe storage instead of traditional SSD storage for all its servers that provide better disk i/o performance.
- RoseHosting provides optimization and fine-tuning of server configuration to enhance the speed and efficiency of your OpenCart storefront.
- You will receive full root access to the virtual server.
- RoseHosting offers 24/7 fully managed support with its OpenCart VPS hosting plans.
- The OpenCart VPS hosting from RoseHosting comes with a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- The host offers free website migration.
- You will receive a 7-day money-back guarantee with all OpenCart VPS hosting plans.
Cons of Rosehosting
- You will have to pay for maintaining automatic daily backups of your OpenCart store.
- The free control panel is available only with some VPS plans on the higher end.
You can grab an OpenCart VPS hosting plan from RoseHosting at a starting price of $22.45 per month.
2. Fasthosts UK – OpenCart Unmanaged VPS Hosting
With more than 2 decades of experience under its belt, Fasthosts offer high-quality hosting services to over 411,000 website owners around the globe. The host can provision an OpenCart VPS for you in as little as 55 seconds.
Pros of Fasthosts
- You will receive OpenCart pre-installed on your VPS.
- The host provides you root access to the server.
- All OpenCart VPS plans from Fasthosts offer unlimited bandwidth.
- Fasthosts has ISO 27001 certified data centers ensuring complete security of your website data.
- You receive a 99.999% uptime guarantee from the host.
- Fasthosts offers 24/7 support via phone, email, and live chat feature.
- You get an option to choose between Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Scaling resources for your OpenCart shop is extremely easy.
Cons of Fasthosts
- The host offers a control panel as an add-on at a premium price.
- You won’t receive a free SSL certificate with Fasthosts OpenCart VPS hosting.
- The renewal prices increase significantly as soon as the initial promotion period ends.
Fasthosts’ data centers are powered by 100% renewable energy, so you will be contributing your bit to the environment with this host. The OpenCart VPS hosting plan prices begin at just £1 per month equivalent to $1.37 approximately.
3. Farbyte UK – OpenCart Managed and Unmanaged VPS Hosting
Established in 2006, Farbyte owns its cloud infrastructure to avoid relying on third-party vendors like Google and AWS.
- The host offers free VPS set up in less than a minute.
- The OpenCart Linux VPS from Farbyte comes with secure SSH access for your connection.
- You can also access your VPS via the web console offered by the host.
- The host provides you OS templates that allow you to install and reinstall any desired operating system in seconds.
- All Farbyte VPS plans provide the flexibility to scale your resources at any time.
- Farbyte offers automated service and device monitoring for the smooth operation of your VPS.
- You can also keep a track of your resource usage by viewing your current and historical use of RAM, CPU, and bandwidth.
- The hosts offer a 30-day money-back guarantee with all its plans.
- You can choose between OpenVZ and KVM-based VPS solutions.
- The host ensures the security of your OpenCart VPS via software firewall, Intrusion Prevention, and detection System, and attack surface reduction.
- Managed VPS plans come with 24/7/365 monitoring and free rebuild or reinstallation of your operating system.
- You do not receive the option of getting a Windows desktop when setting up the VPS. If needed, you will have to install the Linux Windows system after server deployment.
The prices for unmanaged OpenCart VPS starts from £6.60 / month and for managed VPS solutions from £26.60 / month
4. TD Web Services – OpenCart Managed VPS Hosting
TD Web Services is a UK-based hosting provider with its data centers spread across the globe. It offers different VPS hosting plans that are excellent for running an OpenCart store.
- All VPS plans come with a free server setup with the instant deployment of your VPS in less than 30 seconds.
- You get to choose from multiple operating systems.
- The host utilizes 100% SSD drives for the lightning-fast speed of your OpenCart storefront.
- The Linux VPS hosting plans allow full root access to your VPS.
- TDWS offers a hassle-free upgrade of your server resources.
- The user-friendly dashboard provided by the host allows you to monitor memory usage, disk space, reboot VPS, check the server load, and manage other VPS configurations.
- You are allowed to host unlimited domains and subdomains on your VPS.
- TDWS has a dedicated support staff to handle the management and configuration of your Linux VPS server 24/7/365.
- The security of your OpenCart shop is ensured via server security optimization, malware scan and removal, spam protection, database and website security, and a firewall.
- The best price is available only with long-term plans. There is a huge price difference if you go for a monthly plan instead of choosing a long-term option.
The prices for OpenCart VPS hosting plans from TD Web Services start from $10.50 per month.
Best Opencart Cloud hosting providers
1. Cloudways – OpenCart Managed Cloud Hosting
Cloudways is a managed hosting provider with over 65 data centers all over the world. It provides you with a powerful platform to host your OpenCart project.
- The host offers SSD-based OpenCart hosting and a dedicated IP address to provide full control over your cloud server.
- You will receive a Cloudways CDN with your server to boost the performance of your OpenCart store.
- The host secures your OpenCart server with a dedicated firewall, two-factor authentication, auto-healing cloud servers, 1-click free SSL installation, automated backups, and more.
- Cloudways OpenCart hosting offers seamless upscaling of resources without impacting your online business.
- The host follows a pay-as-you-go model that allows you to budget your expenses well at all stages of your business growth.
- You will receive 24/7 customer support from Cloudways all year round.
- Migration of your existing OpenCart store to Cloudways is also fully managed by the host.
- Cloudways provide git integration for hassle-free code changes on your live OpenCart servers.
- You can build and work as teams for different business projects.
- If you want a quick solution to your problem, you will have to resort to the Advanced and Premium support add-on offered by Cloudways that offers priority resolution. Their general support is very weak as one can see from multiple such reviews on Trustpilot.
Cloudways offers a free trial of its services without asking for your credit card details and its hosting plans start at $10 per month.
2. Guru UK – OpenCart Managed Cloud Hosting
Guru is a UK-based host with over 16 years of experience in the industry. Its OpenCart managed cloud hosting plans come with the following pros and cons:
- Guru handles all the server management tasks for your OpenCart store 24/7.
- It offers a secure server environment with a Web Application Firewall to protect your OpenCart store at all times.
- All OpenCart cloud hosting plans from Guru come with regular off-site backups created every four hours.
- The host offers a free SSL certificate with all its cloud hosting plans.
- You receive free fully managed migration of your existing OpenCart website to Guru.
- It is extremely easy to scale your resources when your OpenCart site grows.
- The host offers a 100% uptime guarantee with SLA.
- You can contact the customer support team of Guru 24/7.
- The OpenCart cloud plans offered by Guru do not include free email and you will have to purchase a premium email add-on for the same.
Though the prices of cloud hosting plans start at £4.99/month ($6.83 approx.), the host is currently offering a special price of £1/month ($1.37 approx.) plus taxes till 1st December 2021.
3. HostArmada – OpenCart Managed Cloud Hosting
HostArmada is a cloud hosting provider with multiple data centers spread across different continents.
- The host allows you to install OpenCart 3 with just a single click.
- HostArmada offers a free cPanel with all its OpenCart cloud hosting plans.
- The host provides daily backups for your OpenCart store with all its plans.
- You will receive a free SSL for all OpenCart websites.
- HostArmada offers 24/7/365 support with its cloud hosting plans.
- The host claims to maintain a lower number of websites per server than its competitors to offer optimal website performance with a low server load.
- HostArmada’s cloud SSD technology offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- The host uses a double firewall system to add an extra layer of protection to your OpenCart server.
- HostArmada offers a free migration of your existing OpenCart website.
- You will receive a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- The renewal prices jump drastically after the initial introductory period.
- The host offers LiteSpeed caching only with its largest plan.
The prices start at $2.99 per month
4. Go SSD Hosting – OpenCart Managed Cloud Hosting
Go SSD Hosting is an Indian host with servers located on 3 different continents.
- Go SSD Hosting pre-installs OpenCart on your cloud server.
- It offers a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate that automatically renews every 3 months.
- The host offers instant server activation as soon as you finish placing an order for it.
- You can upgrade your OpenCart cloud hosting plan without any downtime.
- The host offers 24/7 technical support with all its plans.
- You will receive a 99.99% uptime guarantee from Go SSD Hosting
- You can only host a single domain with the lowest available cloud hosting plan.
- A dedicated IP is not included in the hosting plans and costs you an extra $2.50 per month.
- Go SSD Hosting does not allow bulk mailing on its OpenCart cloud shared hosting plans.
The plans start at $4 per month with 500 GB of bandwidth.
5. No Frills Cloud – OpenCart Managed Cloud Hosting
No Frills Cloud is a cloud host with data centers spread across 5 different geographical locations.
- The host offers the LiteSpeed Cache for your OpenCart website for boosting its speed and performance.
- It ensures server security with Artificial Intelligence offering firewall, malware detection, and more.
- The host offers unlimited free SSL certificates.
- All OpenCart cloud hosting plans come with free daily backups stored offline.
- You can easily scale your resources without any data loss.
- The host offers protection against DDoS attacks.
- The host offers 24/7 technical support for any issues.
- Do not expect large discounts with long-term plans.
The cloud hosting plans start at $4.99 per month.
6. HostGalaxy – OpenCart Managed Cloud Hosting
Founded by a team with 35 years of industry experience, HostGalaxy offers excellent managed cloud hosting solutions for your OpenCart store.
- The host offers a free cPanel with all its OpenCart cloud hosting plans.
- Your server can be deployed in just 5 minutes.
- You will receive a free Cloudflare CDN with your hosting plan.
- The host maintains daily offsite backups of your OpenCart data.
- You will receive a free SSL for your online store.
- HostGalaxy uses LiteSpeed technology to deliver super-fast website performance.
- The host offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- You will receive 24/7 technical support with fully-managed OpenCart cloud hosting.
- You can only host a single website with the beginner plan.
- The host does not offer any promotional price for the initial term.
The plans start at $5 per month.
OpenCart hosting requirements
OpenCart needs the following server specification to run smoothly:
- Web server (Preferably Apache)
- PHP 5.4+
- Database (Preferably MySQLi)
Required PHP libraries and modules:
- GD Library
Apart from checking the above server requirements, choosing a cloud or VPS hosting plan is ideal for smoothly running an OpenCart store since e-commerce websites need more resources and such hosting solutions can provide them.
For an online store with traffic volumes that are growing constantly, cloud hosting is the most appropriate choice as it helps handle traffic spikes even at the busiest days and offers easy scaling of resources as your website grows.
With the availability of both managed and unmanaged VPS hosting plans and a reasonable pricing structure, Farbyte is the best host for OpenCart VPS hosting.
On the other hand, HostArmada with free cPanel, one-click OpenCart 3 installation, global availability, and lower websites hosted on a single server is the best OpenCart Cloud hosting solution.
Will you choose a shared, VPS, or cloud hosting plan for your OpenCart website? What challenges are you facing in choosing the right hosting type?
Which hosting is best for OpenCart?
For small and medium OpenCart websites, VPS hosting is the best choice. For large OpenCart websites and constantly growing stores, Cloud hosting is the most appropriate solution.
What is OpenCart hosting exactly?
The hosting solution that is equipped with all the server specifications to run the OpenCart software is called OpenCart hosting.
What is OpenCart Cloud?
OpenCart Cloud is a hosting service that is hosted on cloud servers instead of physical servers. It offers faster page load times and better redundancy for your OpenCart shop.