A VPS or Virtual Private Server utilizes virtualization technology to divide a single physical server into multiple virtual servers for different website owners. This way the host or parent server can be divided into small virtual units to provide you with a dedicated server space that is not shared with other website owners. All the server resources including CPU, RAM, and storage of VPS are reserved for your website.
Different hosts offer VPS hosting services to their customers using different virtualization technologies, the most popular being OpenVZ, KVM, and Citrix Xen. We are today focusing on KVM and some of the best cheap KVM VPS available in the hosting market.
What is KVM VPS?
KVM or Kernel-based Virtual Machine is a full virtualization solution that divides a physical server into multiple, isolated virtual servers. You can customize the low-level kernel settings and set resources’ values as desired. Managing your kernel is easy with KVM since you receive an isolated environment for your use. So it eliminates the drawbacks of container-based virtual solutions like OpenVZ.
Best Cheap KVM VPS Providers 2023
With so many hosts offering KVM VPS, it becomes difficult to choose the best yet cheap KVM VPS provider. So here are a few cheap KVM VPS providers offering the best hosting solutions for your needs:
Vultr is a US-based cloud-server provider with a global presence. It offers VPS servers with 100% KVM virtualization using Kernel-based Virtual Machine on all of its infrastructures. Vultr provides you with 100% SSD (Solid State Drives) with powerful Intel CPUs.
Reasons to choose Vultr KVM VPS
- You get an option to choose an Operating System you desire and can choose from multiple available options including Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Windows. You can even use your custom Operating System.
- Vultr offers a powerful control panel that saves you time managing your infrastructure by providing you access to all you need in a single place.
- It is very easy to work on the host’s interface from all types of devices – desktops, tablets, and mobiles.
- With the availability of 17 worldwide locations spread in different continents, you can experience the same excellent performance in different parts of the world by launching your SSD VPS on Vultr’s worldwide KVM-based cloud platform.
- The host allows you to install numerous apps in a single click including cPanel, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress.
- It is the cheapest KVM VPS provider and charges you only for what you use. The plans start at a mere $2.5 per month for Cloud instances. You can even keep real-time track of your usage charges.
- Vultr allows you to choose from multiple payment methods including credit cards, PayPal, and even Bitcoin.
- Its global VPS presence with over 45,000,000 cloud servers deployed across the world empowers you to quickly scale a low latency infrastructure solution to boost the performance of your website.
2. TMD hosting
TMD hosting is another great option for utilizing the power of KVM VPS. It is known for its wide range of web hosting solutions available at a cheap budget. With its top-notch infrastructure and KVM-based virtualization technology, your website is bound to deliver excellent performance at all times.
Reasons to choose TMD hosting KVM VPS
- The VPS servers of TMD hosting feature powerful internals to deliver excellent performance with enterprise-level connections.
- TMD hosting offers an extremely user-friendly site-builder with drag-and-drop capabilities.
- This KVM VPS provider values security and offers daily backups, traffic monitoring, maintenance, regular updates, and content monitoring with all its SSD services.
- You can install over 1300 applications quickly to your website including WordPress, OpenCart, Drupal, PrestaShop, and SocialEngine.
- The VPS servers are available at 7 different locations around the globe spread over different continents.
- Best known for its pricing, the shared hosting plans of TMD hosting start at $2.95 per month while a Cloud plan can be grabbed for as low as $5.95 per month.
- The use of KVM VPS along with other powerful infrastructure and cutting-edge technologies provides up to 30 times faster website speed.
- You get to receive 24/7/365 premium, dedicated support to keep you covered at all times in case you need help with any technical or non-technical issues.
Established in 2006, Knownhost is yet another cheap KVM VPS provider offering a wide range of hosting solutions. It is best known for its pocket-friendly fully-managed hosting services. Knownhost offers free setup, migration, domain privacy, and backups.
Reasons to choose Knownhost KVM VPS
- The host offers fully managed cloud hosting solutions taking away all your burden of regular maintenance.
- The VPS servers are available at 3 different locations around the globe.
- Knownhost utilized KVM technology to develop its Cloud hosting oven OpenStack and Storpool to provide you with full kernel control. It also gives you an added benefit of distributed storage to utilize the full power of the cloud for speed and redundancy.
- All KVM VPS hosting plans come with 99.99% uptime assurance.
- All the Cloud hosting packages offered by Knownhost include free DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) protection to prevent malicious attacks that might impact your website performance negatively.
- You can choose any operating system of your choice with KVM VPS plans.
- The prices of shared hosting packages start at $3.47 per month while those of unmanaged VPS starts at $5 per month. Managed Cloud hosting can be grabbed for $50 per month.
- The KVM VPS Cloud hosting plans are easy to scale with the availability of different packages for different needs.
- The 24/7/365 customer support team of the host works round the clock and has a response time of just 10 minutes for all support tickets raised.
- You tend to receive a 30-day money-back guarantee when signing up with this KVM VPS provider.
A VPS provides a multitude of benefits over shared hosting including privacy, allocated quantity of resources, more control, better speed, and low latency services. Utilizing the power of a cheap KVM VPS will help you derive all these benefits and substantially improve your website performance.
Web Hosting Expert, Content Writer, SEO Consultant, and Web Developer with over 10 Years of Experience.
He has a passion for technology and has spent over a decade reviewing and testing web hosting companies to provide his readers with honest and accurate reviews of the companies he had experiences with.
Tommy loves helping people and has helped hundreds of people start their own successful blogs.