If you don’t have much experience in managing a server and you want to go with a VPS, then you should look for a cheap VPS with cPanel.
Assuming you are a beginner, you might want to go with the cost-effective way. So, it’s always better to go with an affordable VPS. You can always upgrade to a better plan later. Of course, cPanel helps you in managing the server with ease.
Here, we will be covering some of the best VPS that includes cPanel. The given hosting providers not only do they provide VPS at a cheap rate but they also have awesome performance.
Along with this, we have also kept the renewal price in mind while assembling this amazing list of the best VPS providers for you.
9 Cheap VPS with cPanel
Let’s see the VPS providers.
Hostens is an unmanaged VPS hosting with one of the most affordable plans. You can add cPanel to manage the server with ease. Even after adding the cPanel, the plans are very cheap.
Along with the reasonable price, it’s known for the fast access time (allocation time).
You will also get amazing performance in Hostens which is the reason why it’s first on our list. They have very transparent pricing options. In simpler words, the price won’t skyrocket at the time of renewal. The provider gives you more discount if you go with a longer period.
So, we suggest starting with the annual plan and if you like the service, you can go with the 3-year plan and grab yourself a huge discount on the price.
- They use OpenVZ/KVM for virtualization which ensures stability.
- The pricing is transparent. So, no more worrying about high renewal rates.
- The cloud is built on enterprise-level hardware giving you ultimate performance.
- Even in the base plan, you will get decent specs like 2 GB RAM, 4 TB bandwidth, and 20 GB disk.
- The annual plan will cost you $3 a month and the 3-year plan will cost $1.80 a month.
- You will have to pay $14.99 per month for cPanel.
- So, it will cost you $17.99 per month.
- The renewal rates are the same as buying rates.
Hostwinds is yet another reliable and cheap cPanel VPS. It’s an unmanaged VPS where you will get 99.999% uptime. It supports custom ISO for OS as well as you will get an enterprise firewall.
You will also get a monitoring system where the software will keep an eye on your server for issues. Further, you don’t need to worry about the backups as there are nightly backups taken.
They have multiple plans which make it easier to choose a suitable server. Also, the scalability of the server is great. So, you can upgrade or downgrade the server anytime you want. There are multiple server locations from which you can choose.
- They will take automatic snapshots for you.
- You can install any application or OS you want with just one click.
- The uptime is great. Therefore, it’s highly suitable for a game server.
- They have multiple plans. So, it will be easier to scale up the server. You can use the same VPS even for a mid-sized company.
- The starting cost is $4.99 per month.
- It renews at the same cost.
- You will have to pay $15 per month for cPanel (which can be selected later).
- The total price would be $19.99 per month.
Interserver is a customizable VPS that has got everything you will need. You will get lightning-fast speed with a high level of performance. They have self-healing servers. So, if there is a problem with the server, the AI will automatically change the node and your website won’t go down.
Also, you will get dedicated resources. If you are a SaaS company or you have a web app that might consume more resources, Interserver will be a perfect choice.
You can easily work with the team here as there are the best collaboration options. The pricing is cheap as well. You will have to pay extra bucks for cPanel. Don’t worry, it’s still one of the cheapest VPS with cPanel.
- The support is outstanding along with great security.
- It gives you dedicated resources with self-healing technology.
- They use KVM, Openvz, Virtuozzo, and Hyper-v for virtualization (KVM in our selected plan).
- You will get the lightning-fast speed with 99.9% uptime.
- Lastly, you don’t need to worry about the high-renewal rate. The cost of your VPS will remain the same at the time of renewal.
- The pricing starts at $6 per month. The renewal rate is also the same.
- CPanel cloud license will cost you $20 per month.
- The total cost is $26 per month.
A2Hosting is known for its speed and fast support. You will get full network redundancy along with great security features. Even though the VPS is unmanaged, you will get full support from their team whenever you need it. The introductory offer is cheap and even the renewal price is affordable.
One of the things that we like about A2Hosting is the cPanel price. It will cost you very little to add cPanel to your server. This will bring down the overall cost of the server as well.
If you go with the higher plan, there are more options such as turbo speed which can also handle sudden traffic spikes. The resources are less as compared to others but A2Hosting offers a lot more features for installing and running scripts.
- You can go with turbo speed if you want to go with the higher plan.
- Many scripts are available to install.
- You will get awesome support with 99.9% uptime.
- Complete control over the server.
- The annual plan will cost you $6.59 per month which renews at $7.65.
- If you increase the period, it will cost you less.
- The cPanel will cost you $8.99 per month.
- Your total cost would be $15.58 per month (if paid annually).
Namecheap has been a great choice when you are looking for cheap hosting with great features and support. They allow you to fully customize the server as per your need. You can choose your preferred server management (user-responsible, basic, or complete). Along with the management, you can also customize the RAM, addons, panels, etc.
You will get 24/7 support from their team along with fast server performance. You will get full access to the root. The security is also top-notch. Their website lists out all the features in the best possible way. So, you can easily choose the best plan that is suitable for you. The base plan has got all the features you will need to get started. Overall, it can be a great choice to go with.
- You will get awesome support.
- The security and performance are top-notch.
- Namecheap offers cheap cPanel VPS with a fully customizable server.
- You can also select managed or semi-managed hosting.
- The VPS has RAID 10 SSD with standard hardware. This ensures the lightning-fast speed of the server.
- The VPS costs $9.88 per month (yearly plan) which renews at $11.88.
- CPanel will also cost you $9.88 per month (for a solo account).
- The total cost per month would be $19.76.
#6 InMotion hosting
If you are looking for premium VPS with cPanel, InMotion is the right choice for you. You get dedicated resources, free server management, and a lot more. They have a high-availability server. The VPS is capable of handling 10x more traffic without downtime.
So, it’s great if you are in a niche where sudden spikes in traffic are common. Not to mention, it’s a managed VPS. They have ultra-sack high-performance infrastructure.
The introductory offer is attractive and cheap but the renewal costs are a bit higher as compared to others. This is a great VPS if you are planning to launch at a cheap rate and then go big.
- It’s managed VPS with great hardware, uptime, and performance.
- The server has high availability with instant scalability.
- You get will get top-notch security with server monitoring and an advanced firewall.
- They have a 100% USA-based technical support.
- You will get 2 hours of launch assistance and premium support whenever you want.
- It’s a premium service that provides an attractive cheap price to start with.
- The base plan cost is $26.99 per month where cPanel and WHM are also included.
- The renewal rate will go to $59.99 per month.
Bluehost is a great web hosting that offers VPS packages. It comes with a built-in cPanel and WHM. So, you don’t have to worry about buying it as an add-on. They have a simple dashboard where you can manage all your servers. So, if you are planning to add multiple servers, you should go with Bluehost. They have great support to help you if you need anything. It’s a managed VPS.
They have been in the industry for a long time. Therefore, it’s a reliable server. The starting price is attractive. However, it might increase at the time of renewal.
- You will get unlimited bandwidth.
- One dashboard for all your servers.
- The performance of the server is fast.
- Bluehost is a simple and easy-to-use VPS even for beginners.
- The annual plan will cost you $24.99/mo which renews at $29.99.
- If you go with a 3-year plan, it will cost you less (renewal price is the same as above).
- CPanel and WHM both are included.
Digital Ocean is not only a cheap option to get a VPS with cPanel but it’s also great for developers. The deployment is fast and easy. Management is super easy, you can also add cPanel. The droplet allows you to manage any workload anytime. There are 13 data centers from which you can choose a perfect location.
They have a high availability server with great support. The original pricing of the droplet is too cheap but when you add cPanel, it will increase a bit. It will still fall under your budget. This is the reason why we have included it in the list of cheapest cPanel VPS you can go with.
- You get team management features.
- The marketplace allows you to add any app you want with a few clicks.
- It has got a cloud firewall with great security.
- You can surely add more addons like automatic backups, premium processors, etc.
- It’s a simple cloud with great management. So, even if you don’t want to add cPanel, you can easily manage the cloud.
- The droplet plan starts at $5 per month.
- You can add cPanel and WHM for $20 per month.
- The renewal price is the same.
- Your total cost is $25 per month.
#9 (Bonus) Scalahosting
Scala hosting can be a great choice for you if you want to go with cheap VPS. It’s a managed VPS that comes with Spanel instead of cPanel. It’s their custom panel which is very much similar to the cPanel. So, you will get an almost similar experience here. On the positive side, you will pay less as you don’t need to buy a cPanel license.
The Spanel is not only similar to cPanel but also includes a few great features. For instance, it has automated backups for your data, an advanced security shield, a WordPress manager, and a lot of similar things.
- You will get unmetered bandwidth.
- Spanel has daily backups.
- The server is fully customizable as you can configure all the things.
- It’s a fully managed server.
- It will cost you $21.95 per month for the annual plan.
- The hosting renews at $23.95 per month.
- You will spend less money if you go with 36 monthly plan.
- You can also get cPanel if you want. It will cost you $19.95 per month.
- So, if you want cPanel instead of sPanel, it will cost you $41.90 per month.
Can I use cPanel for free with VPS hosting?
- Only a few hosting providers offer free cPanel with their VPS.
- In most cases, the cPanel is not free. It comes as an extra addon or extension. You will have to pay a monthly fee for it.
- The price usually varies from $9.99 to $20.
- You can buy it from the official website and integrate it if you don’t want to buy it from the host. In this case, you will save some money as you are not paying the hosting company’s margin.
What to look for in cheap VPS hosting? (8 Factors)
Now, if you are wondering what are the things you need to see in a cheap VPS hosting with cPanel, here are the factors to consider.
1. Good price
Of course, price is the most important thing to see. There are a few more things that you need to see here. You need to see if they offer cPanel with the plan or you will have to pay extra for it. If it’s extra, you also need to see its cost. Lastly, you can see the renewal rate. These three things are the most important things to see in pricing. Therefore, we have given all these three things in the cheap VPS list.
You need to see the RAM, CPU cores, and disk space to determine the performance of the server. You can also see the hardware quality and network speed. An uptime guarantee will help you ensure the stability of the server.
3. Can it support cPanel?
Some hosting VPS have their custom panel like Scalahosting has Spanel. You need to see if cPanel is supported there or not.
4. What type of VPS is that?
You can always see the virtualization type. Here, you need to see whether it has KVM, OpenVZ, NVMe, or any other.
5. Is the VPS managed or unmanaged?
Managed VPS is where the team will manage the server for you. In unmanaged or self-managed, you will have to manage it by yourself.
You can always see if there is enough room to upgrade. Depending on your project, you should be able to scale up the server with ease. For instance, if you go with 1 GB RAM at first and your requirement might go to up to 8 GB, you need to ensure that the server has 8 GB RAM available for you.
Reliability depends on various things such as uptime, hardware quality, number of years in business, data center specs, etc.
8. Datacenter location
Lastly, you can also see the data center location. This applies only if you have traffic from any specific country.
To summarize, all the given VPS have an affordable price range and come with cPanel. You can go with the one that you like the most. We suggest you choose the one that suits your requirements. Still confused? here are the best choices you can make depending on your requirements.
- Best choice for Performance: Hostwinds
- Cheapest VPS: Hostens
- Best Overall: NameCheap
Does VPS come with cPanel?
Most VPS doesn’t come with cPanel. You will have to buy it as an add-on.
Is cPanel and WHM the same?
No, cPanel is a panel used to manage your server whereas WHM is the panel used to manage the resellers.
Do I need cPanel hosting?
If you are not an experience hosting system administrator and don’t want to deal with the technicalities of maintaining a server, you will need cPanel.
Web Hosting Expert, Content Writer, SEO Consultant, and Web Developer with over 10 Years of Experience.
He has a passion for technology and has spent over a decade reviewing and testing web hosting companies to provide his readers with honest and accurate reviews of the companies he had experiences with.
Tommy loves helping people and has helped hundreds of people start their own successful blogs.