Shared hosting services are great until your website starts growing. Once your website starts growing, the website becomes extremely slow and takes forever to load. That’s exactly where you will have to look for another solution. So, what’s the best solution in that case? The answer is cheap VPS Windows hosting.
But, you can’t go with any “cheap” Windows VPS, right? As the traffic increases, you will have to build a resource-intensive app that can handle a load of traffic with ease. That is why you will have to choose the best one which you can rely on. It should give you the best speed as well as performance.
The best way to increase the speed of your website is to put the Windows VPS near your audience’s location.
So, the question is the same, what are the best Windows VPS which are cheap and in the European continent? Well, we have curated a complete list of the best cheap Windows VPS European servers. These are the servers that have fantastic features and performance.
Let’s start the list now. We have sorted the list from the lowest to the highest-priced. So, you will get the cheapest Windows first.
9 Cheap Windows VPS Europe
We will begin with the cheapest Windows European VPS servers.
It’s important to know that there are two pricing that you will have to see here. The first one is the plan pricing and the next is the Windows license pricing. Windows license’s price might increase if you go with higher plans. So, we will only see the starting price of the Windows license.
Are you looking for a dedicated Windows platform where you can host any Windows app? OVHCloud is the choice for you in that case. They provide unmetered bandwidth at a fixed rate (guaranteed 1 Gbps). So, if you are planning to host a Windows-based VPN or create a bot on this server, it’s a perfect European server you can use.
There are four different plans from which you can choose your favourite one. You can’t customize it much. There are options to select the apps, OS, and add-ons. Talking about OS, you can choose from Windows 2016 or 2019. The price of the license is cheaper compared to others.
If you are someone who is concerned more about the location of the data center, you will love this one. Here, there are multiple European locations that you can choose from. Therefore, you will get plenty of options. The uptime is 99.9% and they also provide 20 TB free Anti-DDoS protection.
- There are two data centers in France at Strasbourg and Gravelines.
- In Central Europe, the data centers are in Warsaw (Poland) and Frankfurt (Germany).
- There is one more data center in western Europe in London (UK).
- It will cost $6 per month for the base plan and an additional $6 for the Windows license. So, the total cost is $12 per month without commitment.
- You can also try a 1-month of a free trial.
- If you go with a 12-month billing cycle, it will cost you $5.52 ($11.52 with Windows) per month assuming you are still paying monthly. If you pay upfront, the cost is $5.24 ($11.24 with Windows) per month.
- Lastly, to save more, you can go with 24-month which will cost you $4.85 ($10.85 with Windows) if you pay upfront and $5.10 ($11.10 with Windows) if you pay monthly.
- CPU: 1 to 8 cores
- RAM: 2 to 32 GB
- Storage: Starting from 40 GB NVMe SSD
Contabo is without a doubt, the best Windows VPS Europe server you should go for. They provide all the Windows distributions. You can choose from Windows 2012, 2016, 2019, and 2022. Contabo has also won an award for best Windows hosting 2022. Therefore, it’s a completely reliable Windows VPS.
The best part is that you can choose from one of the recommended windows configurations. They have got Windows remote desktop, meta trading, ERP system, game sever, etc. These are not the plans but pre-defined Windows configurations. You can always configure them as per your need.
It includes a plan for raw computing which requires more resources or you can also go with the VM-based configuration. You can add a Plesk panel if you want.
Here, you will get a fully configurable server. In simple terms, you can choose whether you want NVMe storage or you want regular SSD storage. This will decrease the cost if you want to go with the regular storage. The servers are optimized for Windows which will ensure performance and compatibility.
As you are looking for Windows VPS in Europe, Contabo is something that you should surely consider. They are providing German-quality hardware since 2013. As the data centers are based in the EU, there is no extra cost involved with the European data centers.
- They have 4 data centers located in Germany.
- There is no extra cost if you go with a European data center.
- The base plan starts at $15.98 per month when you add Windows server 2022.
- The annual plan will cost you $191.76.
- If you go with a 12-month plan, there is no setup fee. However, if the billing-term is less than 12 months, you will have to pay anywhere between $3.49 to $6.99 as a one-time setup fee.
- CPU: 4 to 10 cores
- RAM: 8 to 60 GB
- Storage: Starting from 200 GB SSD or 50 GB NVMe
Hostwinds is one of the cheapest Windows hosting services that allows you to host Windows servers in 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019. They have managed as well as unmanaged hosting services you can go with. As we are seeing the cheap Windows VPS in Europe, we will go with unmanaged hosting.
The good thing here is that all of the Windows servers will cost you the same. They provide 99.9999% uptime. You can also go with the managed server here. The managed plan will cost you only a bit extra. Therefore, if you don’t want to handle the technical side, you can always go with the managed server.
It’s a fully reliable hosting server. They own all the hardware. Along with this, they always update the servers as time passes. So, your data center is future-proof. Now that you have a rough idea about the hardware, we will see the pricing and software features.
The pricing is the cheapest here. As the rates are cheap, there are fewer add-ons as compared to other hosting providers. The base plan doesn’t have the best specs. However, if you are just getting started and want a Windows VPS in Europe, you can always try out Hostwinds.
There are nightly backups, enterprise-level firewalls, etc. It comes with a monitoring system as well. The company will proactively monitor your server. Even the unmanaged server includes basic monitoring. If you want full monitoring, you can go with the managed hosting plan.
- They have a server location in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
- It will cost you $10.99 per month for any Windows license you go for. The plan costs $4.99 and the windows license costs $6.
- The price is the same for all the billing cycles. It doesn’t matter whether you go with 1-month or 36-month.
- If you want to go with managed hosting, it will cost you $3.25 extra.
- CPU: 1 to 16 cores
- RAM: 1 to 96 GB
- Storage: Starting from 30 GB
VPSDime is the cheapest European Windows VPS to go with. You can use your Windows VPS as your remote office computer. They use one of the best Microsoft technologies (HyperV) to leverage the virtualization power. With this, you can expect decent stability from the server.
It’s a self-managed server but you don’t need to worry about managing it. They provide an easy-to-use HTML5 web interface. You can also reinstall OS whenever you want in under 3 minutes. For developers, there is a PowerShell window to help you with the command-line interface.
The OS selection options are limited here. You can either go with Windows 2019 standard version or you can go with the Vanilla installation. There are no other OS selection options. On the positive side, the Windows license is included for free. You don’t have to pay anything extra.
Cheap rates don’t mean that you will have to compromise. Here, the uplink bandwidth speed is 10 Gbps even in the base plan. Even the network uptime and power are 99.99%. If you are facing any issues, you will get a human reply from the support within 15 minutes.
Therefore, if you are a beginner and want to go with the cheapest Windows VPS in Europe, you can surely go with VPSDime. There are many plans available. So, if you are planning to scale up shortly, you will get plenty of options here.
The price of Windows will increase if you go with higher cores. Here, as there is no extra cost for a Windows license, the charges will decrease if you want to go with higher cores.
- They have two server locations in Europe at Amsterdam (Netherland) and London (UK).
- The price starts at as low as $7 per month. There is no extra cost for a Windows license.
- The renewal price is also the same.
- Not to mention, you can go with the billing cycle, the price will be the same.
- CPU: 2 to 16 cores
- RAM: 4 to 128 GB ECC
- Storage: Starting from 50 GB SSD
Milesweb is another great cheap managed hosting you can try out. They offer many types of services. However, if you want to go with the Europe-based Windows server, you will have to go with the managed hosting.
You will get RDP access. The server is completely reliable because they leverage the power of AWS. So, the server you are getting uses Amazon Web Services to power up your Windows VPS. As the server is fully managed, you don’t need to worry about technology.
They provide dedicated resources. So, if you are planning to run resource-intensive web apps or critical apps, you can surely use this server. You can also run Metatrader 4/5. It supports all types of .Net ASP websites as well.
You can use private nameservers here. Milesweb provides a premium network along with easy scalability. To get a Europe-based server, you will have to head over to the UK version of Milesweb. That’s where you will find European data centers. The support is incredible.
If you are already having a website hosted somewhere, they provide a free website migration facility. Therefore, you can easily migrate the website in just a few clicks.
They use the latest technology such as IIS, ASP, and other FrontPage extensions. Overall, you can surely go with Milesweb. You can choose from Windows server 2012 R2 or 2016.
- They have three server locations in Europe at London (UK), Paris (France), and Frankfurt (Germany).
- These server locations are only available in the UK version of Milesweb. So, make sure you are in that version.
- The plan starts at £14 which is roughly $18.80 per month.
- The renewal price is also the same. There is no difference in rate regardless of which billing cycle you choose.
- CPU: 1 to 8 cores
- RAM: 512 MB to 32 GB
- Storage: Starting from 30 GB
Accuwebhosting can be an affordable Windows hosting if you want a lot of technical features. For developers who are looking for a cheap option to get started, you can go with the hosting.
You will get support for RDP along with ASP.Net, SQL DB, and PHP. If you are looking for technical features, it also supports .NET DLL, /bin folder, and code-behind. It also supports all the basic technical features such as XML, FastCGI, MVC, SingalR, etc.
So, it doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner-developer or an experienced one, you will find all the software support here.
They have three major types of Windows hosting that you can choose from. It begins with the classic option. Along with this, there are SSD and cloud plans. As we are seeing cheap Windows VPS Europe, we will focus on the classic one. When you change the data center location to a European country, the price will slightly increase. We will talk more about it in the “Starting price” section.
Unlike other hosting plans, here you will also get feature differences. For instance, the base plan only allows Windows 2012 hosting. If you go with a higher plan, you will get more OS options. In the same way, you will get RDP CALs. This allows you to host multiple RDP connections. Let’s learn about the pricing now.
- The servers are in Frankfurt (Germany) and Paris (France).
- The monthly plan costs you $19.99. If you go with a 1-year, 6-month, or 3-month plan, it will cost you $16.99, $17.99, and $18.99 per month respectively.
- The renewal price is the same as long as you don’t change the billing cycle. So, the price will depend on the billing cycle you have chosen.
- CPU: 1 to 4 cores
- RAM: 1 to 8 GB
- Storage: Starting from 40 GB
Vultr is considered a cheap as well as best performing Windows VPS. They have servers at various locations including Europe.
The Windows plan allows you to add Windows server 2012R2, 2016, 2019, or 2022. You can also upload your custom ISO if you want. They provide 100% uptime SLA. The 100% uptime ensures the reliability of the server.
If you are planning to host a game server, you can easily host it here. It also provides root admin access. They have a high-performance IP network. It provides DDoS mitigation as well as reserved IPs. They also have a direct connect feature. With this, you can connect your current corporate network to the Vultr cloud server.
You can either go with the regular Windows license or you can also select Windows core. Both of these will cost you the same. With their interactive panel, you can easily manage the server with ease. Even the server configuration part is easy and fast. It’s easier to choose the best configuration and get started with the same.
Last but not the least, they have great support to help you whenever you want. You can add automatic backups, advanced DDoS protection, and other similar addons. This is how you can easily configure the server and get started with Vultr as your Windows cloud in Europe.
- The servers are located in Stockholm (Sweden), London (UK), Amsterdam (Netherland), Frankfurt (Germany), Madrid (Spain), Paris (France), and Warsaw (Poland).
- The starting of the server is $10 per month and the Windows license will cost you another $10. So, the total price will be $20 per month.
- The Windows license price will vary depending on the server size.
- CPU: 1 to 24 cores
- RAM: 2 to 96 GB
- Storage: Starting from 55 GB SSD
Kamatera is one of the Windows virtual private servers in Europe that offers the highest number of OS selection options. You can choose from Windows servers as well as there are Windows 8.1 and 10 as selection options. Not to mention, it will cost you less if you plan to go with Win 10 or 8.1
You can add Windows remote desktop as an addon. They also have Windows SQL addons and Office apps. Everything can be configured directly when you are buying the server. They have a “build your server” type pricing as per the configuration.
Talking about configuration, there are plenty of configuration options. Kamatera is known for offering a wide range of panel options as well as add-ons. You can easily scale up the server to a huge extent. There is plenty of storage space and RAM. So, if you are planning to start small and then go big, it’s perfect for you.
You can also scale down in a few clicks if required. Further, the uptime of the server is 99.95% which ensures the reliability of the server.
You will also get 4 CPU types which are availability, general-purpose, burstable, and dedicated. Depending on your need, you can choose the preferable one. They also offer managed service. If you don’t want to handle the technical things, you can go with the managed server. They have a low total cost of ownership (TCO). There is no hardware maintenance needed.
- They have got servers in Amsterdam (Netherland), London (UK), and Frankfurt (Germany).
- It will cost you $23 per month if you plan to go with Windows 2022.
- On the other hand, the price decreases to $15 if you choose Windows 10 or 8.1.
- CPU: 1 to 32 cores
- RAM: 1 to 130 GB
- Storage: Starting from 30 GB SSD
If you want to get a high-end server with the cheapest rate, Time4VPS is for you. The first invoice will cost you much less. However, the charges will increase when you renew. This is a great way to get started as you will get a decent server to start your Windows journey.
It’s a Europe-based hosting service. Therefore, they only have one data center location which is Europe. The pricing is transparent here. You can choose any Windows VPS plan you want and the Windows license will be included free of cost. Even the renewal price is stated on the pricing page. With this, beginners will have a clear idea of what they are paying.
You can choose from Windows 2012, 2016, and 2019. They use KVM as virtualization as they use a cloud-based infrastructure. The time for setup the server is fast. It’s a self-managed VPS.
However, if you are facing issues, they have a team who will help you with any issues you are facing. Overall, the support is also great.
With Windows OS, you can install the panel at the time of configuration. If you want to install other Windows apps, it’s easier to do so with the intuitive GUI provided in the hosting. Therefore, it’s worth having a look at the server.
- They only have one data location which is in Vilnius city of Lithuania.
- For the first invoice, you will only pay €5.49 ($6.13) per month. If you go with an annual plan, the cost is €4.57 ($5.10) per month. The Windows license is included for free.
- The renewal price is €10.99 ($12.27) for a monthly plan and €9.15 ($10.22) per month if you go with an annual plan.
- CPU: 1 to 16 cores
- RAM: 2 to 64 GB
- Storage: Starting from 40 GB RAID SSD
3 Cheapest Windows Cloud in Europe
Don’t want to go with VPS? Well, you can always go with a cloud server. Let’s see some of the cheapest Windows clouds in Europe.
Looking for the cheapest cloud in Europe? You should check out Hetzner. They provide excellent performance at a very affordable price.
Before we get more into the details, there are some things that you should know about. They have Windows images that you can mount (you will find them under the “ISO” section. However, you will have to buy a Windows license yourself. You won’t get proper Windows support. They do respond to basic issues. So, if you are looking for advanced support, you won’t get it here.
The reason why we have included this in the cheapest Windows cloud in Europe is because of the rates. There are NMVe SSDs to increase the speed of the server. The server comes with a load balancer and floating IPs. There are many other similar features that you will love.
It includes security features like firewall, documentation, and API for developers, and you can also add extra paid add-ons as per your wish.
If your business might require extra TB of storage or bandwidth, you can easily add addons here. You can add block storage with just a few clicks. So, if you don’t have issues in handling the Windows licensing and support, Hetzner is perfect for you.
- There are two servers located in Europe.
- They are in Finland and Germany.
- It will cost you €3.49 to get the server. It is roughly $3.92.
- You will have to get the Windows license yourself.
- The renewal price is also the same.
- CPU: 1 to 16 cores
- RAM: 2 GB to 32 GB
- Storage: Starting from 20 GB
Upcloud is the cheapest Windows cloud provider you can choose. It’s the fastest Windows cloud you can choose. They use enterprise-grade hardware with Max IOPS. Floating IPs and private networking are two other great things that you will get here.
It’s fully reliable as they provide 100% uptime. If the server was down for more than 5 minutes, they will provide 50x payback. Their powerful API allows you to automate most things with just a few clicks. They use Infiniband networking. This will give you maximum throughput. All these things combined will give you maximum speed and stability.
Now that you know most of the details about the technical features, we will see more about the Windows cloud. You can choose from Windows 2016 and 2019 (standard and datacenter). There are multiple locations available in Europe.
Therefore, if you are looking for a technical cloud and also want to choose your favourite country in Europe as your data center, you should go with Upcloud.
If you are thinking that it will cost you more to get such a server, you are surely wrong here. Cloud hosting is available at a very affordable rate. You can choose other datacenter locations except Helsinki to make it cheaper. There are other free data center locations available in Europe. You can choose one of those if you wish to save move on money.
- The Helsinki (Finland) server will cost you more. They have two data centers there.
- They also have servers in London (UK), Frankfurt (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherland), Warsaw (Poland), and Madrid (Spain).
- The cloud server starts at $5 per month. You can add a Windows license starting at $5 per month. So, the total cost will be $10 per month.
- The Helsinki server will cost you $7.5 per month excluding the Windows license.
- You can also get a 1-month free trial.
- CPU: 1 to 20 cores
- RAM: 1 to 128 GB
- Storage: Starting from 25 GB Max IOPS
Ionos is a great server where scalability is amazing. It’s highly recommended for the people who are not looking for a 12-month long contract. So, the price will be the same for all the billing cycles. If you are looking to go with an annual contract, there won’t be any discount. On the positive side, you will get $100 worth of credits free when you sign up.
Here, you can choose from Windows server 2019 or 2022. If you want a Plesk panel, you will have to go with the Windows 2022 operating system. They use VM Virtualization. You can have unlimited traffic on your websites. It includes REST API.
There is 99.99% uptime. So, the availability is great. You can also add any resource on the go with just a few clicks. Further, you will get two-factor authentication. You will get full root access with load balancing.
You can easily get started with the hosting service. If you face any issues during your tenure, you can always contact the support whenever you want. They offer 24/7 valuable support. As it’s a cloud service, you can start and stop at any time you want. It’s ideal for all types of servers including eCommerce, Educational institutes, IT infrastructure, etc.
There are many similar use cases. You can host any type of Windows website or web app here. Let’s have a look at the pricing and other important things.
- For Europe, the data centers are located in Spain, Germany, and United Kingdom.
- The starting price for a Windows server is $5 per month. ($4 plan isn’t available for Windows).
- The Windows license will start from $10. So, it will cost you $15 per month.
- As we mentioned, the pricing will be the same for all the billing cycles.
- CPU: 1 to 24 cores
- RAM: 1 to 48 GB
- Storage: Starting from 40 GB
Why is Windows VPS expensive?
When you go with Windows VPS, the host will need an SPLA license. SPLA stands for Services Provider License Agreement. On the other hand, the hosting service doesn’t need any license for Linux. So, when you buy Windows hosting, the hosting provider will also add the SPLA license cost.
The second reason why you will not get Windows VPS at a very affordable rate is because of the resources. Windows will need more RAM and CPU as compared to Linux. Therefore, the cost increases.
Last but not the least, when you buy Windows VPS, the hosting provider will have to buy an individual Windows license for every user. Most of the hosting providers will take these charges directly from the user.
In the above-mentioned Windows VPS list, we have included the base price and the Windows license price.
As you might have seen, the base price is cheap for many VPS services but the overall price increases due to the Windows license.
Best Virtual Server Hosting Providers by Region
Want to get the server at a specific location? We will now have a quick look at VPS classification based on region. All these locations are in Europe.
So, it will be easier for you to choose. Just like the list, we have arranged from cheapest to most expensive VPS. So, you can choose your favourite one based on that.
The three cloud servers are also listed here. It includes Hetzner, Upcloud, and Ionos.
- Germany: OVHCloud, Contabo, Milesweb, Accuwebhosting, Vultr, Kamatera, Hetzner, Upcloud, and Ionos.
- UK: VPSDime, OVHCloud, Milesweb, Vultr, Kamatera, Upcloud, and Ionos.
- Netherland: Kamatera, VPSDime, Hostwinds, Vultr, and Upcloud
- France: OVHCloud, Milesweb, Accuwebhosting, and Vultr.
- Lithuania: Time4VPS
- Poland: Vultr, OVHCloud, and Upcloud.
- Finland: Hetzner and Upcloud.
- Spain: Vultr, Upcloud, and Ionos.
- Sweden: Vultr.
- Memory Ram: 2GB ⇢ 64GB (DDR4-2666 ECC REG)
- Servers Locations: Lithuania city of Vilnius
- Starting price: €5.49 ($6.13)/month
- Memory Ram: 8GB ⇢ 60GB
- Servers Locations: Germany (Frankfurt)
- Starting price: €4.99 ($6.99)/month
- Memory Ram: 1GB ⇢ 128GB
- Servers Locations: Germany, Netherlands, UK
- Starting price: $23/month
That’s pretty much all about the cheapest Windows VPS in Europe. You can choose the best one from the list as per your requirements.
These are not just the cheapest VPS, all of them have decent performance along with easy scalability. So, you won’t face any issues in running a high-end web app here. In the description of each host, we have also listed the best use cases, so you can spot the best fit for you.
Still not sure whether you can host your project in a specific hosting or not? Here is a quick selection based on the server needs.
- Best for Gaming: Vultr and Contabo
- Best for VPN: OVHCloud
- Best for multiple web apps: Contabo
- Best for Bots: OVHCloud
You can choose your favourite one from the list. We have listed everything you need to know about the servers. So, it will be easier for you to choose the best one.
Do you want the cheapest shared hosting services list? Let us know in the comment section and we will add a similar section to this list.